Vegan Beef Ragu
SERVES: 2 PREPARATION TIME: 40 MINS
- 1 pack of VBites Beeph Chunks
- 1 cup chopped onions (around 3 small or 2 medium white onions)
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 standard can plum tomatoes, drained and chopped, juice reserved
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large courgette/zucchini, chopped
- ½ cup chopped carrots (about 2 small carrots)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp of oregano to taste
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- In a large pan cook onions until translucent then add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in juice from tomatoes; cook 1 minute. Add tomatoes, bell pepper, courgette/zucchini, carrots, tomato paste, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Add the Beeph Chunks and warm through the sauce for 1 minute and serve.
- Add more seasoning if necessary.