Plant Based Mex Beef Tacos
- 1 pack VBites Beef Mince
- 6 Tacos
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- ½ tsp Hot Smoked Paprika
- ¼ tsp Ground Cumin
- ¼ tsp Chilli Powder
- ¼ tsp Powdered Garlic
- ¼ Powdered Onion
- 1 tbsp Tomato Puree
- ½ Red Onion (to garnish)
- ½ Avocado (finely diced, to garnish)
- Handful of Coriander
- Mexican Salsa
- ½ Lime for juicing
MethodHeating the shells
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place the tacos on a tray and bake in the oven for 2 -3 minutes.
Making the filling
- Melt the coconut oil in a large pan over a high heat.
- Add the beeph mince and stir constantly for 2 - 3 minutes until the mince starts to seal.
- Mix in the spices, onion and garlic powder and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the tomato puree, allow to heat while mixing it through and then add the filling to the tacos.
- Roughly mash the avocado with the back of a fork and add in little piles on top of the tacos.
- Sprinkle the chopped red onion on top.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and a squeeze of lime juice.